- Argentiere Glacier Hike (5 hours) Grand Montets – Your trip starts with a 30minute drive to Argentiere, boarding the Lognan Cable car. From there there will be a 2 hour hike to the glacier, the glacier is magnificent. This trail takes you so close to the glacier you can almost touch it!
- Tramway du Mont Blanc (6 hours) – Your trip starts with a 5minute walk to the Tramway du Mont Blanc ticket office, once on the train, it is a 55minute train through the landscape and gaining over 1200m in altitude. This is the historical train service and it is also one of the most scenic. There’s plenty of hiking trail from the station with wonderful views of Mont Blanc.
- Merlet Animal Park (5 hours) – Your trip starts with a 20minute drive to the village of Les Houches, we drive up to the car park and there is 800m walk to the entrance. The animal park allows visitors up close with the mountain animals.
- Brevent Mont Blanc Panorama (6 hours) – Your trip starts with a 30minute drive to Chamonix where the Brevent Gondola is. This hike has an elevation gain of around 500m and there are two different difficulty levels. Both rewarding an exciting view of the Mont Blanc. For the less keen hikers, there is a gondola that can take you up to the Brevent cable car station.
- Lake Emosson Hike – Your trip starts with a 45 minute drive, crossing the border into Switzerland, gaining over 800m in elevation to arrive at a man made marvel. From the dam there is a bridge that you can walk across to view the magnificent Swiss landscape.
- Aiguille de Midi – From the centre of Chamonix, a 20 minutes cable car ride takes you to the gateway to the high Alps at a height of 3,842 m. From its height of 3,777m, the Aiguille du Midi and its laid-out terraces offer a 360° view of all the French, Swiss and Italian Alps. A lift brings you to the summit terrace at 3,842m, where you will have a clear view of Mont Blanc. the more fearless will take a Step Into The Void, onto a 2.50 m glass cage out over a 1000 m precipice.
- Montenvers Mer de Glace- Departing from Chamonix, this famous rack and pinion railway brings you to the Montenvers site at 1913 m. An imposing panorama of the Mer de Glace, Europe’s largest living glacier. The tour of the “Grotte de glace” (Ice Cave) takes visitors into the very heart of the glacier.
- Via Ferrata (with private guide)- Your trip starts with a 30minute drive to the Montenvers Train Station, Via Ferrata is now a new activity in its own right for people keen to try something a little more challenging than alpine hiking. Although no real climbing ability is needed, a via ferrata does demand a steady head for heights. Originally used by the Italian Army to transport ammunition in the First and Second World Wars, Via Ferrata – iron walkways, now enable us to experience the thrill of climbing without the need for technical know-how. You’ll be taken up to the sheer rock faces of Passy, about a 20 minute drive from Chamonix, where you’ll scramble along adrenaline pumping routes overlooking dramatic views of Mont Blanc. Your adventure will take approximately 5 hours and the price includes safety equipment, a climbing guide. Prices: from EUR 80 per person
Back to Main Page